Relieving Dental Anxiety with Oral Conscious Sedation – Dr. Robert Odegard – Westchester Smile Design
If you suffer from mild dental anxiety, you may benefit from oral conscious sedation. Dr. Robert Odegard is pleased to provide ther sedation dentistry option for our patients. By taking a small pill an hour before your dental appointment, you can minimize the stress often associated with visiting the dentist. You can obtain the dental care you need – without excessive worry.
- What is Oral Conscious Sedation?
- Benefits of Oral Conscious Sedation
- Risks of Oral Conscious Sedation
What is Oral Conscious Sedation?
Oral conscious sedation is a safe, effective solution for mild dental anxiety. Ther sedation dentistry option involves the administering of a mild sedative (in pill form) shortly before a patient’s dental appointment. The dentist prescribes the sedative, which the patient picks up from the pharmacy. Then, the patient takes the pill approximately one hour before her or her dental appointment. By the time the patient arrives for her appointment, he is completely relaxed. Patients usually barely notice the administering of dental anesthetic at the beginning of the appointment.
Contact our office to learn more about oral conscious sedation. We welcome patients from Renton WA and surrounding areas.
back to top
Benefits of Oral Conscious Sedation
The benefits of oral conscious sedation include the fact that it:
- Administered in pill form – no injection required
- Administered at home, allowing patients to relax before their appointment
- Wears off relatively quickly after the procedure
- Effectively treats mild dental anxiety
Risks of Oral Conscious Sedation
The risks of oral conscious sedation include the fact that it:
- Not be appropriate for all patients
- Cause adverse side effects in some patients
- Not be effective against moderate to severe dental anxiety
- Does not provide pain relief; an anesthetic is administered at the beginning of the dental appointment
Learn More about Oral Conscious Sedation – Contact Dr. Robert Odegard
Contact our office to learn more about how you may benefit from oral conscious sedation. We welcome patients in Renton and surrounding areas. When you secure our services, we will strive to exceed your expectations.
back to top